Special Issue 2020
Nutritional Situation In Africa :
An Update (UPNIA-2020)
Special Issue Editors
Guest Editor - The NAJFNR
Dr. Nada BENAJIBA
Special Issue Information
The North African Journal of Food and Nutrition Research is currently running a special issue with the view to updating the nutritional situation in African countries.
It turns out that Africa (across the different countries) continues making unavoidable efforts to ameliorate the nutritional situation over the African population with the perspective of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Rates of diet-related chronic disease are increasing globally. African countries have been witnessing over the last few decades changes in lifestyle and a drastic shift from a traditional to an industrialized/westernized diet. This has led to an unprecedented augmentation in the prevalence of obesity and overweight through reduction in physical activity, cancers, chronic and metabolic diseases. However, African countries confront various significant political, economic, social and environmental constraints to increased food insecurity. Thus, undernutrition continues affecting a large proportion of the population especially children < 5y. and women at procreative age. Fighting micronutrient deficiencies remains a public health challenge in several African countries. Besides to this double burden (under- and over-nutrition), the population aging a further important factor currently affecting the nutrition landscape in Africa. Hence, an appropriate nutrition support should be provided to the elderly population to ensure the expected well-being after the age of 60 y.
As a result, this special issue is dedicated to increasing and updating our knowledge on the nutrition situation in African countries. It also provides for a compilation of efforts made in order to enhance them nutrition and health status of African population and achieve SDGs.
The journal does not charge any author submission fees. Upon submission to NAJFNR, manuscripts may not be submitted to another journal while under review, nor should they have been previously published. All manuscripts are reviewed by a minimum of two (2) referees with expertise in research relevant to the manuscript topic. Results of the review and consideration for decision (acceptance, suggestions for revision, or fully justified rejection) by the editorial board, will be communicated rapidly to authors. Review the complete Instructions for Authors page at https://www.najfnr.org/instructions.
How to submit?
The North African Journal of Food and Nutrition Research receives all manuscript submissions electronically via the website https://www.najfnr.org/manuscript-submission.
The deadline to express interest in contributing to this special issue is June 5, 2020.
The deadline to submit your manuscript is extended to August 31, 2020
Please feel free to contact the guest Editor (Dr. Benajiba) if you require additional information or further clarification.
Necessary files to download for submission:
Countries and authors participating in the Special Issue
- Pr. Leila HOUTI (LGMC-USTO. Oran)
- Pr. Sounnia MEDIENE BENCHEKOR (USTO. Oran)
- Dr. Hadjira OUHAIBI-DJELLOULI (USTO. Oran)
- Dr. Imane HAMANI-MEDJAOUI (USTO. Oran)
- Dr. Sarah LARDJEM HETRAF (USTO. Oran)
- Pr. Khedidja MEKKI (LNCM. Univ. Oran)
- Dr. Amina TIALI (LNCM. Univ. Oran)
- Dr. Djahida CHENNI (EPSP. Oran)
- Dr. Mohamed BENYOUB (LNCM. Univ. Oran)
- Pr. Hayet OULAMARA (UFMC 1, INATAA)
- Dr. Meriem BENCHARIF (UFMC 1, INATAA)
- Pr. Abdenacer AGLI (UFMC 1, INATAA)
- Pr. Youcef BENABBAS (UFMC 3)
- Dr. Djamila TOUATI-MECHERI (UFMC 1)
- Dr. Ibrahim SERSAR (UFMC 1)
- Pr. Rachid MALEK (Sétif, Algeria)
- Pr. Hassan AGUENAOU (CNESTEN)
- Pr. Amina BARKAT (UH, Rabat)
- Miss Houria LAHMAM (CNRST)
- Pr. Jalila EL ATI (Health Ministry)
- Pr. Hajer AOUNALLAH-SKHIRI (INH, Tunis)
- Pr. Pierre TRAISSAC (IRD, Montpelier)
- Dr. Redhouan DOGGUI (WHO-EMRO)
- Dr. Moussa OUEDRAOGO (STAN)
- Pr. Ousmane OUEDRAOGO (UNICEF)
- Pr. Urbain ZONGO (Nutr. Manag. Off)
- Pr. Saidou KABORE (Nutr. Manag. Off)
- Dr. Dia SANOU (FAO)
- Pr. Cheikh DEHAH (Univ. Dakar)
- Pr. Waliou A. HOUNKPATIN (U. Abomey-Calavi)
- Dr. MIZEHOUN Carmelle
- Dr. Jaures LOKONON (Univ. Abomey-Calavi)
- Dr. Jean SATCHI GBONDJE (PAM. Benin)
- HOUINDOTE Andréa.
- Dr. Gloria PADONOU (UAC. U. Abomey-Calavi)
- Pr. TOUGAN, Ulbad
- Dr. Zeinab AHMED ABU SABEIB
Pr. Tonderayi M. MATSUNGO (Univ. Zimbabwe)
- Dr Koné Aboubakar DOKAN (USAID)
- Dr. Fatoumata KONATE (USTTB. Bamako)
- Dr Fatou DIAWARA (USTTB. Bamako)
- Dr. S DIARRA
- Dr. N KOITE
- Dr. Sow NOUHOUMA
- Dr. Coulibaly MODY
- Pr. Francis ZOTOR (Univ. HAS) IUNS / ANS
- Dr. Yassan WILLIAM
- Dr. Aliyu Tijani JIBRIL (USERN)
- Dr. Dia SANOU (FAO)
- Dr. Marie Louise Berthe AHUI (LNP - U. Ivory Coast)
- Dr. Mustapha THIAM (Univ. Senegal)
If you ever have any problems with the Dropbox system you can directly send your files by email: email@example.com
Upload and submit your files directly to NAJFNR dropbox
How to upload your files?
1. Click on "Add file"
2. Go to the file you want to upload on your PC then click on "Open"
3. Click on "Add more files" to upload the four required files: (Covering Letter, Authorship, Manuscript, and Copyright form)
4. One uploaded all files click then on "Send"
5. You will receive a message to acknowledge receipt of your files.
African Countries and FAO